Hawaiian Red Alaea Sea Salt
Hawaiian Red Alaea Sea salt
Sea salt specialties extracted from the ocean around Hawaii are justifiably world famous. In addition to Hawaiian black lava sea salt and Hawaiian Green sea salt, Hawaiian Red Alaea sea salt also has outstanding physiological value and is also a great decorative garnish. The distinctive color of Hawaii’s red Alaea sea salt is due to the iron oxide-rich alaea clay washed into the sea by the rivers of the Kauai Island.
What foods can Hawaiian red Alaea sea salt be used for?
The colour of Hawaiian red Alaea sea salt can range from pink to brown depending on its clay content. Thanks to its particular colour, it can also be used as a so-called gourmet salt as a decorative element. Its earthy, nutty taste and slightly sweet aftertaste prevail well in a wide variety of dishes, its unique characteristic being to suppress bitter taste.
- Hawaiian red Alaea sea salt is great for rubbing and pre-marinating meat and fish.
- It can also be used for roasting, steaming and grilling meat.
- Hawaiian red Alaea sea salt is excellent for flavoring sauces, gravy and soups.
- A popular addition to season and garnish side dishes and one-course dishes made from seafood or vegetables - carrots, potatoes, beets, as well as mixed salads
- It can also be used as finishing salt.
- In addition to traditional Hawaiian cuisine, it also goes well with European and Asian specialties.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight.